Sell My House Fast 2022 Checklist
Are you selling your house in 2022? If so, you need to do your homework, explore your options, and speak with real estate professionals before you decide to move forward. Gathering all the information you can possibly save you hours of work and thousands of dollars in home-selling expenses.
You’ll need to pay extra attention to home-selling options if you’re in a situation where you need to sell your house fast and get out of your mortgage. While a traditional sale is the most common method of selling a home, it may not work best for you if you don’t have time to hire a realtor and list the house on the market.
Below, we provide a quick 2022 checklist of things to consider if you need to sell your house now and can’t wait.
1. Compare the Best Ways to Sell Your House Fast
There are three main ways you can sell your house today.
- Hire a real estate agent.
- Do a For Sale by Owner.
- Sell directly to a company that buys houses.
Which is the fastest way to sell your house? Consider this. On average:
- A traditional sale takes 60 to 90 days.
- A For Sale by Owner take six to 12 months.
- A Cash sale takes seven to 21 days.
So, if you are in a situation where you need to relocate, resolve a legal issue, or get out of your mortgage right away, a cash sale is your best option for selling your house fast.
2. Appraise Your House
Before you sell your house to a company that buys houses, you need to have an idea of what you want to sell your house for. Why? Because the buyer will have an idea of what they want to buy your house for. Knowing your home’s true market value gives you a great starting point for landing a real estate deal.
There are several ways you can appraise your property.
- Use online appraise tools.
- Get a comparative market analysis of similar or surrounding properties.
- Use the FHFA House Price Index calculator.
- Hire a professional appraiser.
- Use the home buyer’s analysis and reports.
3. Know In Advance What the Sale Will Involve and Why You Are Selling Your House
All properties are different and require different considerations when selling. Therefore, you need to take inventory and know what is involved in your property. Do you have multiple properties? Or, do you have multiple entities on the same property? Are you selling a regular house or a rental property? It’s important to understand the nature and scope of the sale.
Also, you need to have a clear understanding of why you are selling your house and what you hope to accomplish. Home buyers often work with home sellers in all types of challenging situations, such as bankruptcy, foreclosure, divorce, military relocation, downsizing, probate, bad tenants, or damaged property.
4. Look for a Reputable Company That Buys Houses
With all the home buyers in your area, it is important to find a company that is professional, honest, experienced, and knowledgeable. The right house-buying company is local, understands your market, and, more importantly, your needs. Here are some suggestions for finding a reputable house-buying company.
- Ask around and get references.
- If you have a company in mind, check out online reviews from past sellers.
- Look the company up on the Better Business Bureau website.
- Ask the company for a portfolio or proof of past real estate transactions.
- Make sure the company is pre-qualified and has the funds necessary to pay cash.
Any honest and reputable company is willing to provide this information to establish credibility. Avoid any company that tries to lowball you or pressure you into selling your house.
Get a Fair Cash Offer from Local Guy Buys Houses
Selling your house in 2022? Local Guy Buys Houses can help you save time and money by paying cash for your house and buying it as-is. Call 855-205-5999 to get a fast cash offer.